February Bee Blocks

I had lots of fun bee block to work on this month. I am currently participating in two quilting bees on flickr. Each month I am completing two blocks for the each bee that I am in. Then I am to ship them off to their new homes.

For the Sunday Morning Quilt Bee (all blocks are based off the book) I was asked to make:

A row of 40 2 1/2 inch squares to help my bee mate make the checkerboard quilt.

Sunday Morning Quilt Bee Block Feb for gingerthreadshop

I am sort of addicted to those that I wanted to make checker board for myself and I just might soon :)

I was also asked to make a 9 1/2 inch slab of green for leaves and vines. Kimmie also asked for some red/purple/magenta charm squares to make the leaves.

Sunday Morning Quilt Bee Block Feb for kimmie9503

For the Make Mine Modern Quilting bee I was asked to make:

An improv block. Renae gave us a couple ohfransson.com  tutorial choices. I based my block off this block. I find it really surprising how much fabric improv blocks take. I almost ran out of the green to finish this block. 


Renae Make it Modern Bee Block Feb


For my second block Kelleigh asked for any 12 1/2 inch block made of solids. The picture looks Eastery but the colors are bright in real life. 


Kelleigh Make it Modern Bee Block Feb

Another month and another set of bee blocks done. And on time I might add. I am very proud of myself for keeping up this time. 

Can't wait to get next month's assignments. One all ready came in. Luckily it was early, because I had to call my mom and have her raid her stash to mail me some black prints. It turns out I have 1 yes 1 black solid in my stash and it is a fat quarter. I guess I don't use black fabric much. I would say never but some did come with the Madrona road challenge that I didn't finish. 

post signature

Comments

  1. Love your blocks. bee's are so fun to just get to do a little bit of something!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn