Work in Progress Wednesday

I actually have a finish this week.

Christmas Stocking for hopeful threads

I finished and mailed the Christmas stocking that I made for

stocking button

I am also making progress on the commissioned zig zagged quilt. I should really look at the name of the actually pattern. Anyhow, I have all the pieces cut the 1/2 the flying geese done for the large zig zags and hopefully I will be starting the small flying geese soon.

work in progress zig zagged quilt

I also have a whole bunch of 4 patches made up from my leaders and enders project. I just cut up a whole bunch of 2 1/2 inch squares form my scrap bin and sewed them into two together. Then I sewed those into 4 patches. Now I am going to sew 4 or those together to make 16 patches.

4 patch leaders and enders in progress

The best part of all this is that I made that whole stack in between projects by starting each project with one and then before I cut the thread on what ever I was chain piecing I sewed another together. I got the idea from Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders and from a couple other blogs. The funny thing is I bet I will have this quilt top done before I have my current project done. 


post signature

Linking up to:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Comments

  1. That leaders and enders tip is awesome. Thanks so much for linking to the blog post! I love learning something new. :)

    Pretty stocking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for a finished project! The stocking is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn