Busy Weekend and Not much Sewing

This weekend was a very full one. I actually worked this weekend. I know strange right?

Well, teachers sometimes have to work on weekends too. This weekend  was one of those weekends for me. We did a big training on the iPod touches with our pilot teachers. 

Oh I don't think I ever mentioned this before. However, since I am talking about work I might as well share this. I know I have mentioned I teach technology to other teachers in our district along with my normal teaching assignment. Well, two other teachers in my district and myself are leading a pilot program using the iPod touch as a learning tool in the classroom.  

This weekend was all about teaching our group how to use iPod touches with their classes. We learned about podcasting, using QR codes for learning, movies, and quizzing using the iPods. Lots of fun. So much to bring back to my classroom, and the other teacher seemed really eager to get working with their students too. Now I would share pictures, or even the video we made, but lets just put it this way, by 2 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, teachers have bad teacher humor and no one needs to suffer through that. 

In prgress

I did get a bit of time for sewing though. .I am somewhere between and 1/3 and 1/2 of the way through making my right facing carnival blocks. They can be a little tricky, but are turning out super cute. I am hoping by the last one I will finally get it right. 

Hope everyone had a fun weekend. 
post signature

Comments