A Table Runner for Sew Katie Jean

I just finished this sew charming table runner as  a sample for a class I will be teaching at Sew Katie Jean.


This table runner was created from the simple little table runner pattern on moda bake shop. Once I had made a table runner from this pattern, I knew that it would be perfect for teaching the new quilter or anyone who wants to make a charming project in just one afternoon. I already used this pattern to teach my mother in law to quilt, and I know she had such a fun time learning.

charming table runner

I really love this pattern and think that is just so much fun to make. I am also really proud of myself for having a second finish for 2012. This is so unlike me. If I keep this up I might actually get through all the projects I have planned this year.

charming table runner

I am so proud of this one. For many reasons. 1st - I really did finish this is just a weekend. 2nd - I have two finishes already done from my unfinished pile. 3rd -  I am getting so much better at machine binding. 4th - It is another project off the list. 5th - Once I decided to do this project, I didn't procrastinate. 6th - For once, I followed my block organization and did not get the placement all mixed up. 7th - It is funky and bright. So very cheery.

charming table runner


Quilt Stats:
Name: sew charming table runner
Size: 23" x 40" 
Fabrics: Mostly Spring Street by Carolyn Gavin for P&B textiles 
Binding: Kona (not sure which one) 
Pattern: simple little table runner from moda bake shop by Camille Roskelley
Quilting: Free Motion Quilted with  meandering loop-dee-loo pattern
Completed: January 2012

Now, please excuse me for a minute while I advertise for myself, even though I know most of you live nowhere near Sacramento, CA. The class is this Saturday, January 28, 2012 from 1-3pm. It is a perfect class for anyone who wants to learn how to quilt. The class is $25 and I will be teaching quilt making basics including, cutting, pressing, stitching and organizing you project for success. If you live in Lincoln, Roseville, Rockin, or the Sacramento area and would like to learn how to quilt, then sign up by calling or stopping Sew Katie Jean's in Lincoln, CA.

post signature

P.S. Don't forget to check out my Shabby Apple Giveaway. I am giving away a super cute necklace.

Linking up to many of these linky parties.

Comments

  1. How fun and colorful~impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all seven reasons why you feel great about this finish! If I lived anywhere near Sacramento I would definitely be in your class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This patchwork table runner is so cute! I love the back, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is super cute! I love all the bright colors and how scrappy it looks. I think this will be one to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. trying this reply thing out to see what happens if I reply to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm how does the reply button on blogger work?

      Delete
    2. still not sure how this works yet... trying under a different log in.

      Delete
  7. Nicol HuntingtonJanuary 28, 2012

    I visited Sew Katie Jean yesterday for the first time. She has several of the great fabrics that I've been admiring online! I picked up some Spring Street while I was there, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn