missed celebration

For the last couple years my husband and I have been hosting an Oktoberfest celebration. However, this year, we decided not to host it. We just didn't feel like we had the funding to host such a party. Our Oktoberfest parties seem to just keep growing. The first year it was about 30 people, the next year it was about 60 people. It was a lot of fun, but we just couldn't do it this year.

However, we just couldn't do with out the food. There is a reason it was successful, it is the food :) So last night, we made a mini Oktoberfest. It was a bit late, but oh so delicious.


We had schweinebraten, roasted vegetables, red cabbage and potato dumplings. Usually when we do the party there are also a lot beer, bratwurst, potato salad, caramel apples and lots of great company. However, it was nice to make the dinner on a much smaller scale.

Oh if you are reading this, and you are a follower, then don't forget to enter the giveaway. Oh yeah and welcome all the new followers, it is great to have you joining me on this creative journey. Good luck to all those who have already entered.

Oh yeah and have you heard of
via

I know I am late at starting, and that it will be hard with report cards and conferences this month, but I am going to try. 

post signature

Comments

  1. I'm also trying for 30'posts 30 days! I'm on day 7 and going strong! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn