One busy weekend

As the weekend comes to an end, I like to take a moment to think of all the things I accomplished and everything that did not get done.

Well lets start with the good.


3x6 bee blocks

I finished all my blocks for the 3 x 6 bee and I got everything into the mail by Saturday. Nothing like procrastinating.
3x6 bee

I used a string block off set inside a square and I love it! I am actually going to make a whole lap quilt from these blocks. I even picked up some more fabric in my color way (like I need more fabric)

I also made it to the monthly meeting of the Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild. Some very lovely pictures went up today. As always very inspirational work.

We also spent a lot of time with family. Pictures would have been a good idea.

Today we went to a winery in Sonoma. Here is Suzie enjoying our trip.

Suzie

I was playing with my camera in manual mode for a bit. I am really out of practice from when I used to do black and white photography. I guess it is just going to take a bunch more practice.

Now on to the bad.

Let's start with scraps gone bad.

Scrap Quilting gone bad

String quilt blocks means you need string and this is the results of searching my scrap basket for it.

Also all the time spent with family meant that I didn't get my cleaning done this weekend or laundry. Wow, I just realized I don't have clean pants for next week... I am off to take care of that!
post signature

Linked up to:
 {Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
Sew Happy Geek

Fresh Poppy Design

The Girl Creative

Comments

  1. Love those framed string blocks!
    Suzie is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful strig blocks.Love,your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrap pile made me laugh! At the moment mine is in about 5 random plastic bags. I really should organize them. ;) I love your blocks, especially the red and yellow one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, loving those string blocks offset inside squares, they look intriguing! look forward to seeing more (found you via sew modern monday, btw!) also, suzie is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bee blocks look fun! Can't wait to see your lap quilt. Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun, even if you don't have clean clothes for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I really love the string blocks! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your bee blocks rock! and I'm so happy to know I'm not the only one sewing when I should be washing the laundry :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't go wrong with string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you in bad need of love spell to bring back your ex lover or reunite your marriage? contact Dr Sam for fast 48 hours solution. I had a problem with my husband a year and six months ago, which lead us apart. When he broke up with me, I was confuse and did not know what to do to get him back, I felt so empty inside. Until i came across Dr Sam on the internet on how He has helped so many people solve there various problem. I emailed Him and I told Him my problem and i did what he asked me to do for him to help me, to briefly make the long story short, Before I knew it, in less than 48 HOURS, my Husband gave me a call and he came back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going on between the both of us. Finally I am writing this testimony to offer my thanks and deep gratitude to you Dr Sam for keeping to your words and your promises in bringing him back to me in just 48 hours of your powerful spell casting, and for using your gifted and great powers to bring him back. If you need his help, you can email him at ( okokakspellhome@gmail.com ) or add Dr Sam on WhatsApp ( +2349060421250) or call him get all your problems solve No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now THANKS TO Dr Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn