Where it all began - Part 1

The Teen Years

Well it all started about 16 years ago, when I made my first quilted item. It was a pillow. I had been looking at some of my moms magazines and fell in love with a design. I wanted my mom to buy the pillow cover for me, but she suggested we make the same design ourselves. (I have this strange feeling that it had something to do with the price of said European pillow sham...)

She had just taken up quilting (again) and she told me she could help me design it and make something I would like even better. My mom had been sewing since her teens and always allowed me to help with anything she had been making.


It was my grandmother who had introduced her to quilting, and I loved my grandmothers quilts she had passed down to me.

Grandma's Quilts

Grandma's Quilts  close up

So needless to say, I had complete confidence in my mother (yeah right I was a teenager) and we went for it. 

In that moment I was introduce to quilting. Along with helping my mom with a quilt that she is still working on today.
Mom's Logcabin

Yes sixteen years later and she still has not finished the quilt for me! Sorry mom, had to out you there. I helped her pick the fabrics, I even made a couple of these log cabin blocks myself.

Mom's Logcabin

I wish I could share a picture of that first pillow. I searched every where for a picture of that first pillowcase. I even found a picture of the back, but nothing of the front.

You may think this is the end of the story, but there is always more to every good story. You will just have to wait for the next, where it all began post to find out. 


Comments

  1. I recognize some of the fabrics in your Log Cabin. It's fun to look back and see how we've changed over the years!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn