Where all began - Part 4

Mid 20's, My Career 

I hope you have enjoyed getting to know me a little better. As I was saying in my previous post, I had figured out that I didn't have anyway of dealing with the stress in my life. I started to question who I was other than a teacher. I mean there was my soon to be husband, my dogs, my family, but what did I like, what did I enjoy. It took me a while to figure this out.

This questioning of myself also had great timing. Shortly after I started thinking about this I received my first pink slip after 5 years of teaching. They were laying off a lot of teacher due to budget issues. Everyone in the district who had 5 years or less experience/years with the district received a pink slip. 
image from activitsandairplanes.com
I had to figure it out. I need to find something that would make me happy. I used to be creative. I used to write. I used to work with photography. I enjoyed quilting. 

So I decided to quilt to look into quilting online and I found this whole new world of quilting had popped up while I was gone. There was this blog world, flickr, modern quilting, and moda bakeshop. All the sudden I wanted to quilt again. No, I had to quilt again. 

So after about 10 years I finished this quilt top.

Love Road Quilt 1

Yes it is still a quilt top. I  had planned on finishing it this summer. Yet that just didn't happen.

So that brings us to the present time, well almost. One more where it all began post to go.



Comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your story - I've really enjoyed these posts. I'm in a similar situation at the moment where I need to get back to doing some things 'for me' and that includes getting back to the sewing machine! Maybe I'll even finish that quilt I started about 2 years ago :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn