Monday Madness

Awwh it is Monday. That means I had a whole weekend to get things done. Ha... Ha ha ha.

My mom is still up here so I spent much of my time with my family. I think she got more done while visiting me then I finished.

I worked on my Embroidery Quilt Along blocks. 

embroidery 101 1st 3 blocks

I have been having the worse luck with this quilt along. It is all me not the quilt along. First I messed up cutting my first cut, so I order another fat quarter of that print. Then for some strange reason I cut 5 inch blocks instead of 5 1/2 and even pressed the interfacing on the back. Luckily I had extra interfacing and I made the little bit of the extra background fabric work for me. Then my machine decided to go crazy and have major tension issues. I took it all apart and finished those blocks above. 

I also decided I wasn't happy with this fabric that had chosen for my kaleidoscope quilt along. 

Stash Fabric

So I went and got this. 

New Fabric choices for Kaleidoscope Quilt Along

So much for using from the stash. It is fresh linens by fig tree. I think it will make me a lot more happy. I will just keep saving the nautical fabric for something else. 

Another interesting thing about today is the weather. The weather has been so strange here in Northern California. This afternoon for lunch it was 87, then by 3:30pm it was 94, then when I went outside for pictures it was some what sunny still, but by the time I went back in it looked like this. 

Outside summer evening

It was windy and getting cold. 

My roses sure like this weird weather. 

DSC_2289.jpg

And so does my magnolia tree (first time it has bloomed)

Magnolia tree blossom

However, I am not sure how I am feeling about it. 

Hope you all had a great Monday. I am doing something fun with my b-day present tomorrow. I will take lots of pictures and tell you all about it tomorrow.

Sew Fun Gift Card

Oh yeah by the way. I got the last of my b-day loot yesterday. My mother in law got me two presents.

Final B-day Loot


Do you see that underneath the book. Yep that is a Moda bella solids card. I had so much fun playing with it. Now I want more solids. 


Close up Moda Bella Card

Sorry for any odd lighting in the photos, the weather sure was weird while I was taking these pictures. 

Jenn 


Linking up to:
Fresh Poppy Design

Comments

  1. Ooh, Jennifer! Maybe you live too close to me over here in GA and I sent you some bad mojo or something! I was reading this and thinking, "Oh my gosh, it's like everything that happened with me on my two quilt alongs; and one of them is the same one!" I hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your blocks look great! And I love that Fig Tree collection. I think your Kal. Quilt will be gorgeous. You'll love having that color card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are so cute and I like your Fresh Linen choice;) Roses are pretty aren't they.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the the time comment. Please know that I read each comment and they all make me smile.

Thanks for visiting, Jenn