Sacramento MQG Sew Day

A couple of weekends ago the Sacramento Modern Quilt Guild had its' second sew day . It was a lot of fun. We only had 4 people show up, but it was fun to sew and have others there for support. I really enjoyed seeing everyone's progress and getting sometime away from the house just to work on quilting.

I continued to work on my posh quilt. I have almost all the blocks done.

However, I messed up on my fabric cutting and I am going to have to cross my fingers and hope that I have enough fabric left over. You would think I would be able to count, but I guess not!

If there is enough fabric, then I am hoping to have the top done and my quilting challenge for February done before our next meeting. Which is really soon, like next weekend. Our February challenge is to make a doll quilt and of course I am starting at the last possible minute. So typical of me.

I have a feeling I won't get both of those done. I do have this somewhat important thing to do this week. As a teacher they kind of expect you to do report cards. I don't think I could get away with giving all my students Bs (proficient - My district doesn't use the regular A through F scale.)

I am so excited to see everyone at the SMQG meeting next weekend. I really enjoy our quilt guild meetings, as there is always a lot of inspiration.

- Jenn

Comments